Saturday, December 04, 2004

Am I missing something...?

(NB copy and paste job from my TGN topic in off topic)

Today Little Britain moved to BBC1. I thought I'd give it a chance seeing as how TV is devoid of comedy these days.

How on god's green earth is this crap considered comedy. Comedy makes you laugh people, not snigger, not smile, but laugh until your face hurts.

The characters are crap. The only one you can relate to is the Chav/townie lass. The closest thing to Harry Enfield's classic Kevin and Perry.

In fact the only thing I found funny was the announcer, and even then that was ocasional as it actually had jokes.

Why am I ranting? Well this gringeworthy character crap is the only new comedy we seem to be getting. What happened to the sitcom?

How come actually funny stuff like Futurama, Family guy, Only fools and horses, My Family, Father ted, They think it's all over, Faulty towers, Time Gentlemen Please, etc all disappear. Doomed to be repeated late at night/just before prime on Sky.

It's not just Little Britain. The Office and I'm alan Partridge are similar in that it contains very little actual funny stuff. The height of comedy has been a stupid dance. A dance for christs sake.

Now I'm not against these shows, I just don't want people to think this is the sort of stuff the terrestial channels should be showing instead of sitcoms.

I want a new Only fools and horses or a new Father Ted. Not this crap.

--------

However I think I'll give The Office another chance sometime. Perhaps it is unfair to add it to that list.

No new fanfic update this time. Now that I've finished Mario DS with all the stars I have no distractions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home