Thursday, November 11, 2004

Work! huh! yeah! What is it good for?

Being currently unemployed is a nightmare. I look at the list of games I want and it's bigger than it's ever been before. Why? cause unlike last year I didn't have my debt to pay for my games. I'm right at my limit and I can't afford much. I shouldn't have bought Halo 2 but then I am going for the limited edition version. I would've waited until Christmas otherwise.

But it's not just the money. To get Job Seekers allowance you have to apply for 4 jobs every fortnight. This wouldn't bother me if my hometown had an abundance of jobs. It doesn't. Since I arrived home from spain in september I must've applied to 15 jobs by now. How many replies have I had? about 3.

Doesn't it just make you angry when they don't tell you you haven't got the job? What's even more annoying is when they don't give you it but then still advertise it later.

Finding long term work is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Most of the jobs I have had were handed to me. It was so much easier in school. The most you had to worry about was homework. Nice big holidays and mid term breaks.

When you do find work you're in for as long as you can spare. Odd that even with the latest developments in technology you still work as hard. Why can't they just make the working day a hour or two shorter without docking pay? I hate to think how business had it 20 years ago without photocopiers and other machines that make getting a job done easier. We live in a stressful world in which you have very little time to relax and enjoy yourself.

Then you look at how you can enjoy yourself. TV? Pah! Look at my previous comments. Sport? Perhaps but after a hard day working your arse off don't you just want to take it easy? The pub? We sort of have a winner. If your idea of fun is standing in a smoke filled overcrowed shithole that plays cheesy music you're in heaven. The drink makes it easier to bare but the only way to entertain yourself is to chat to someone, and even then you have to shout to be heard.

The pub can be great, when there's not many people around and the music is good and not louder than your voice. When does this occur? When people are at work.

Thank fuck for games. But then you need money to buy games, you have to work your arse off to make money and enjoy them in the few hours you have to yourself that you don't sleep in.

---------------------------------

Fanfic Progress: Finished Chap 6 of 3SE5 Chaos Theory but fanfiction.net is down for some maintenence I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home