Saturday, November 20, 2004

It happens at least twice a year

Here in the UK we have these regular charity drive things on TV. Around easter we have "Comic relief" and tonight we had "Children in Need". Tonight is also the night of my cousin's party. I had no idea CIN was on tonight until I turned to BBC1.

I used to love these things because they were, in general, funny. Although they did make fun of bush as I type this (which was pretty good), I haven't laughed much at all. The "Artists" they have to perform are laughable, in saying that music is shite these days anyway. The highlight has been Bryan Adams.

It's one more sign of TV seriously going downhill. They had the cast of Coronation street doing a crap musical version of Oliver twist. That had possible the most "celebrities" in it. It's a clear sign that our TV channels concentrate on the shitty soaps. Although strange that BBC are promoting an ITV soap.

ARGH! Kylie. Fuck! That's what's on now. I feel like ripping my ears out.

What's happened to TV. This is where they usually bring out their "A game" but it's so boring and crap.

You know our country is pretty fucked up when they have a charity drive this close to Christmas!

Ah good Travis. At least something half good will come from this.

Oh the subject of media charity drives we've recently had Band Aid 20 taking over everything. Band Aid, if you've been living under a rock for the last 3 decades, is a collection of "top" music "artists" singing the same song, "Do they know it's christmas?". They do this not only to further their own careers but to raise some money for charity. You buy the single, some of the money you used goes to charity. Better just to make an anonymous deposit.

I've managed to avoid this one completely. I hear ABOUT it but I haven't heard it yet, nor do I intend do. The lineup is awful, and for a cover it's not worth it.

It's not like I don't want to give to charity. It's just that I can't afford anything at the moment. Plus once you give to a charity they never stop bothering you for more, or to get you to try and make offers give some/more.

Different subject now, but still annoying. My folk went to the Party and left me here alone. "Great!" I thought, house free, Samba and Superstars on the big TV. After trying for a good 2 hours to get superstars working the camera seems LESS responsive downstairs. It's a bigger room with plenty of light but no, problems all over the place.

Samba rocks though but it takes forever to set up. Knowing me I won't have much time to play samba tomorrow when my folks make the trip home. Damn my lazy body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home