Friday, November 12, 2004

My Brother rocks, aka I have no life

It's been a pretty exciting day for me. Halo 2 came today, a tad overhyped and overrated in my opinion but still a class game. But the thing that overshadows all is that I finally have Samba De Amigo. Why does my brother rock? He's lending me the money for it. Yes I know £155 is a bit much for one game but how often do PAL samba de amigo's appear on Ebay? I've been dying for this game since I decided to become a Sonic team collector.

Now very little stands in my way. I need Xbox and PS2 versions of Puyo pop fever and Sonic Heroes, Sonic-N, Sonic pocket adventure (perhaps) and Knuckles Chaotix (perhaps) to complete my PAL collection. In fact here's the full list (all boxed with instructions):

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (missing cartridge though)
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic CD
NiGHTS into Dreams
Burning Rangers
Sonic Jam
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2 battle
Sonic 10th Anniversary pack
Phantasy star online
Phantasy star online Ver 2
Phantasy star online episodes I & II for both GCN and XBox
Phantasy star online episode 3: C.A.R.D revolution
Chu Chu Rocket for both Dreamcast and GBA
Billy Hatcher and the giant Egg
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Pinball Party
Sonic Battle
Sonic Heroes (GCN)
Puyo pop fever (GCN)
Sega Superstars

I also have the soundtracks to Sonic Adventure 2 (Jap, vocal only) and Sonic Heroes (both Jap, Triple threat and Complete trinity).

So why did I say I have no life? Or can you guess already. Well when I told my mom about my auction win today she got on my case (like always). She asked why I don't go out (like everyone else might I add). She said "You're not having much of a life". There are three main reasons why I don't go out.

1. See my last post
2. All my friends are at uni or have stayed in the city they went to uni in.
3. I have no money. When my friends are back home (for holidays) I stick to cheaper stuff like pub quiz nights and Movies at the cinema (which I prefer far more than going out drinking).

It's strange being a gamer. Sometimes it's as if you're gay and you're coming out of the closet. They don't understand why you don't act like everybody else. My Parents (especially my mum) don't see why I spend some much money and time on games. It's a hobby, I take interest in it. I suspect that if I did come out of the closet and announce I'm gay (I'm not by the way. I was never confused) they'd be more open and understanding than they are about my gaming habits.

It's also strange that I have my cousins 21st birthday coming up (keep reading to see where I'm going with this). He lives in scotland, and of course my parents want to go up. They're having just as much difficulty paying the bills as I do. They say I may not be able to get many games on my list, maybe none at all (for christmas)! Yet they're willing to give me money to buy drinks at this party. Which would end up being £30, the price of a new game. Which do you think I'd prefer? One more game off my list or drinks at a family do? They are even worse than drinking with mates, at least then you have your mates to talk to. I would have to say loads of times how I got the worst degree I could get from my 3 years at uni and how I have no job prospects to all my family.

I'm staying home. Give me a chance to play Sega Superstars and Samba De Amigo on the big screen.

---------------------------

Fanfic Progress: just uploaded new chapter. This post was very long so I won't be doing any more tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home