Saturday, November 06, 2004

Yes I'm a Groening Geek!

Last night was Bonfire night here in the UK. Big bonfires and the most overrated source of entertainment around, fireworks. I'm a gamer, I grew out of fireworks a long time ago. A Loud bang and an explosion of colour, big deal give me an On-rail shooter like Panzer dragoon orta.

The night was good though, why? two words, "The" and "Simpsons". Channel 4 chose this night to show their "new" series of The Simpsons plus some cool extras. As well as Sky One's actual new episode this made up probably the best night of TV ever. I must admit I feel like that nerd at the start of the episode, Futurama was a huge loss.

Futurama, the most brilliant comedy ever. I kid you not. It had all the comedy of the simpsons with the imagination of Sci-fi shows. Yet it get's cancelled (with Family guy) for reality crap. Stop watching these shows you stupid yanks and let real brilliant programs shine.

But back to simpsons night. The documentary was good but weird. It was very american even though the majority of the celebs interviewed were british. It was only really the actors and the makers that were american yet everything was about how America saw the simpsons. I'm pretty sure it was made by Channel 4 as well.

The quiz was good but could've done with more topical humour. The questions were real easy but then I am a Groening Geek.

Bring on Simpsons Season 5, I can't wait. Season 4 was brilliant and it'll be hard to top it.

---------------------------

Fanfic Progress: Not done anything knew yet so I'll finish this post and start working on my two fics. I'll probably have chap 4 for 3SE5 done tonight and I may have the 1st chapter of Chaos Demons done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home