Thursday, December 23, 2004

British comedy awards, the only real british Joke this year.

Why did they bother this year? We all know BBC, ITV and Channel 4 don't have a sense of humour. They've abandoned all the best actual comedies have replaced them with characters that are funny because they are awful.

Let's look at the idiotcy.

Best international comedy award, One of the three nominees was Sex in the City! WTF? It's not a comedy. It's a sexed up chick flick shrunk down to TV form. What they could've added: Malcom in the middle, Oliver Beene, Will and Grace. I guess it has to be a show that's on the 5 main terrestial channels to have a chance of winning.

At least the award went to something worthy, The Simpsons. The best thing on TV at the moment (well since they canned Futurama anyway). Funniest moment of the night was Matt Greoning's speech and Stephen Hawkings bit. Although MG looked much bigger than I thought he would look.

Best Comedy Drama ha? How could you not include Auf Weidersehen Pet in the list. In fact it should've won hands down being the only one that's funny.

Oh and Comedy Entertainment program + I'm a celebrity get my out of here = you're kidding right. It's a reality show that's about as funny as me taking a shit. It's also as entertaining as me taking a shit. Other nominees could've included They think it's all over, oh wait the BBC canned that for some stupid reason.

I'm actually quite scared about The Simpsons now. With Little Britain and I'm alan Partridge being hailed as brilliant by Matt, I can see the show being more and more about terrible characters than great lines.

If any british TV companies are reading this (which I very much doubt), could you please make a sitcom that rivals the brilliance of the following shows: Auf wiedersehen pet, Time gentlemen please, My Family, Only fools and Horses, Father Ted, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family guy, Porridge, Open all hours, Friends, Fraiser, Cheers, 3rd rock from the sun and a hell of a lot more.

It's would stop me hating Little Britain and give me something to watch on TV, besides Kids TV, games related programs and Sky one Sunday.

3 More days to Christmas, I think I'll go offline and write some more on Chaos Demons.

May 2005 bring us a show that's funny and bring you all happiness.

Edit: 2 days, I forgot it was past 00:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home