Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas! oops did I just say a dirty word?

It's that time of year again. The one day in the whole 365 that's (as far as the majority goes) all about spending times with your family and showing how much you love them. But whenever there's something good there's something bad to balance it out.

Killjoys and those hellbent on making everything as PC as possible have tried to ban most of what makes Christmas Christmas. Now I'd be the first to admit that we do go a little over the top with it but it's the only day that matters for us.

Technology has gotten more and more advanced yet me seem to work harder than ever. It's a very stressful age to live in and Christmas and similar holidays that happen around 25th dec are the one time where it doesn't matter.

I love christmas, mainly because it's always been good. And since Christianity is one of the main religions, with many still chosing to celebrate christmas anyway, I don't see why it can't be our main holiday. What's so offensive about it anyway? It's not like we take offense at some of the other religions holidays. We except them why can't they accept ours.

Before I continue I must say that I'm not really a christian. I don't really follow any one religion just follow what I believe applies to today's world. Christmas is one of these things. It's no longer JUST about jesus birth, but about the togetherness of family and a day set aside for everybody to just relax.

4 More days to go. I can't wait.

---------------------------------

Fic update: I've been leaving the net too late to write anything like I normally do. I usually only write if I finish at 00:00, but these days I'm on until 01:00. Chapter 4 of Chaos Demons is definately half-way through (can't remember if I said that earlier).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home