Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Strange Saturday

Tomorrow's Halloween yet it's today that's full of weirdness.

I've reached the Elite four on Pokemon Leafgreen and for some reason I just don't want to do it. Mainly because I need to bring my party up 5 levels each and find a way to beat Agatha's Ghosts. I've decided to go with Snorlax and teach him Psychic, being a Normal means Ghosts moves have no effect and Psychic will hammer them. Problem is he's only level 30. Now logic would state that going back into victory road and fighting wilds would help me here but it doesn't. I'm not getting enough EXP.

Sorry but facing lots of random battles just to level up is just not fun at all, especially when it seems it's not all that effective. So I decided to go pokemon hunting. Found a few today and did some ingame trades. Spend a while in the safari zone but found a lot of the time I had that pokemon. Chansey wouldn't sit still on the rare ocassion it appears, nor will it just get in the damn ball.

In Yellow, Gold and Sapphire this didn't bother me much. But I just don't want to do Leafgreen.

On top of that Portsmouth beat Man Utd. WTF? Surely that's enough to suggest this day has been weird. But once I saw the highlights I felt a little annoyed. Ferdinand's shirt tug led to a penalty, yet the pompey striker still managed a couple of steps before falling over. Seems to me the shirt pulling had no effect. Perhaps this is looking for an excuse but I do feel the ref was a bit harsh on Man utd today. There was a clash between Rooney and Quashie (I think that's the name), in which to me both were as bad as each other. Besides the Ferdinand incident above the only other yellow card went to Rooney. Why did the other player get away without being disiplined.

On the other hand their second goal was 100% legit and even without the penalty they would've won. Maybe I'm just looking for some excuse as to why we lost. At this rate though we'll never close the gap which is a shame cause I think we have the best team by far.

Oh and it seems like I've made an enemy on Fanfiction.net. This guy who calls himself "A Critical Sonic Fan" puts down my fic with some stupid comments that I rip apart completely. His arguements were stupid and it's obvious he had some influence elsewhere. I think he's just mad at me for making him look stupid, although now he's made another comment in a good fics review section. The good fic "Metal Sonic Revised" is currently top of my favourites so check it out.

Oh wait you don't know where to find my fics, Here's a link. Speaking of my fanfics...

-------------------------

Fanfic Progress: Thinking about a possible Exterminatus now/3 Shadows/Sonic Crossover but I'll have to check up on a few things first. Mainly when EN is set so I know whether to use Joz or Joz's Spirit. There will be an idea that I'll be using in two fics, one in The 3 Shadows time and one in Sonic's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home