Monday, September 05, 2005

Katrina shows how different we are

May I first start by saying it's a tradegy that sadly happens from time to time. The infamous Tsunami is Indonesia and more closer to home, the Carlisle floods, They're all tradegy's and I wish the people of New Orleans all the best.

But at the back of my mind their's a nagging thought. Hurricane Katrina has shown how different the UK is from the US. When a disaster strikes UK, say the terrorist attacks in London or the Carlisle floods we all stand together. We roar back and our sense of community sees us shake off the disaster as if it was nothing. This isn't anything new, the same thing happened during The Blitz.

But the US. Within seconds of a disaster looting and killings are taking place. It's every person for themselves and their own president comes under fire for trying to restore order before he sends aid. We applauded Blair for his dedication to making sure London was safe after the bombings.

It's a shame that sense of community and helpfulness that occurs when the going gets tough hasn't travelled across the pond.

Also notice how after the creators of Independance Day made their movie a famous building was completely unexpectedly destroyed. Now after they created "The Day after Tomorrow" one of America's great cities was hit by a natural weather based disaster. Lets hope they don't make any more disaster movies 0.o

---------------------

Update:

I'll get back to fic writing this weekend. I got my new Creative Zen Touch on Friday and I spent most of last weekend filling that up. I did however manage to finish a set of Acid the Hedgehog pics for Spinny's contest, a penciled cover for 3 Shad ep 2 and a few scraps. Oh and If I didn't say before, Old Miles was completed soon after I got back from Tenerife.

I also have my Sonic 15th Project all planned out. Doesn't my dedication shine through that I'm planning a birthday project for June the previous September.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are correct. There is a huge difference between the UK and USA. In the UK, you don't have to put up with African Americans who won't work, but who do go on welfare, complain that everyone is prejudiced against them, and, then, in a crisis, go on looting sprees, along with murdering and raping. Yes, you have noticed a big difference.

Mon Sept 05, 11:55:00 pm BST  
Blogger Master hunter said...

Actually we do in a way. We're suffering from Religious preachers that spread the word of hate against the british, though still accept our benefits.

Difference is they didn't start looting.

Please don't be racist on my Blog. To assume only the African Americans are at fault is foolish.

Tue Sept 06, 06:43:00 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home