Saturday, August 27, 2005

What tenerife is REALLY like

Tenerife is a lovely island with beautiful sunshine and it's the perfect place to relax...

Well it would be if it wasn't for the following:

FLIES - Jesus christ I've never seen so many. They seemed to just congregate outside our flat so that everytime we ate there we were bothered by the bugs all the time. Oh and they're fast little buggers too. I think I managed to kill two the entire time I was there and I thought that was an accomplishment.

PIRACY - This wasn't so bad. I just felt the cheapness of the electronics shop nearby was apparant with pirated GBA games. There wasn't any attempt to hide it either. Those 125 in 1 games don't exist officially. Also Chelsea baseball bats! WTF? Chelsea are a FOOTBALL (SOCCER) team, why would they make Baseball bats?

BENDY ROADS AND SUICIDE DRIVERS - WTF? Who decided to make roads up and down mountains with hundreds of bends, some without barriers and a huge drop at the side. What makes things even worse is the fact that drivers there are insane. On those bendy roads where you're being careful scared half to death that you may crash into something or fall off, the locals are speeding! I'm surprised I never saw a crash the way they drive.

WASTELANDS - Half the island seems unfinished. We couldn't even reach our hotel (which was five minutes away from the airport) without seeing what looked like a nuclear bomb site. Not to mention the half finished buildings that just seem abandoned. It's ugly and it spoils what might be a nice island.

NO ITV2 OR CHANNEL FIVE - Wouldn't be so bad if crucial Champions league qualifiers for Man Utd (My fav team) and Everton (my dads fav team) weren't on those channels last wednesday

At least, unlike the COSTA DEL SOL there weren't any pathetic musicians interrupting your meals and having the cheek to ask for money, even though they sound like shit. And if it's not musicians it's a salesman trying to sell you PIRATED movies and CD's or shitty statues. WE DON'T WANT THAT SHIT LOSERS.

Well anyway I'm back in the UK now with the house to myself. Samba will be coming downstairs soon. Though I come back to find TGN fucked, 6 job rejection letters and my good friend The Virus has RSI. Life as normal I guess, messed up.

Never did anything in tenerife, though I have a picture of old miles drawn (did that before I left). I'll colour and shade that soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home