Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I can't think of a good title 1

I feel like shit right now. Really terrible. I'm going to go to bed after this and what makes things worse is that I'm up early tomorrow for work.

Just some thoughts on the big news in the world.

Big Brother is back. Oh great more faceless talentless people who will be everywhere for a few months, treated as celebrities just because they went into a house of a few weeks. It's not even torture anymore. The last one was a celebrity on I think and it had a fucking swimming pool for christs sake. We also get these pussies that just want attention. Come in for a week and cry that they don't want to do it anymore. WTF? Come on the point of the show is that you're meant to be secluded. The small part of it that actually might make it a good show means nothing. And this is what everyone is talking about.

Rooney it out of the world cup. Let's face it, it's going to take a miracle for him to get fit and then he's expected to play in the biggest football tournament in the world? Madness for someone so young. I know he's Englands star player but come on he's not invincible and he should stay home to heal properly not rushed like he is at the moment. It could lead to even worse problems for ROONEY, which is worse problems for ENGLAND. We're still going to win it though, BELIEVE! I ORDER YOU TO!

The PS3. £450-£600 pounds. Fuck off. Sony deserve to die this time. I bet there will be shortages too. Why do we gamers accept this? The PS2, the PStwo, the PSP, the Xbox360, all had limited supply all so they could come out before their time. If they waited until March they would've had the units to have an amazing launch but they didn't. though I suppose it's easier to sell out of 100,000 units than it is say 10,000,000 units. I hope they suffer so they can learn from it in future.

The WII. No proper sound support, no HD, no ethernet socket. I seriously don't get Nintendo. Sometimes they expect people to have the latest technology, in this case Wireless internet. Though for other things they just don't think you have them, in this case HDTV/Proper sound system. I suppose in a way they have a case. A wireless router is only going to set you back £80 these days. A decent HDTV is at least £500 and proper sound system on top of that is a similar amount. Still why no ethernet socket? Crazy! Doesn't bother me so much as I have a brilliant wireless router that worked better than I expected (Linksys for teh win!). However you can't assume one thing about the level of technology the average person has, and not assume the other.

Speaking of wireless internet what is the deal with Nintendo WFC? I played it through most of the afternoon and a little before the match tonight. When it works it's brilliant but how come when I choose "match my rank" and I'm one star, I meet players with 3 or even 4 stars. Also why are there so many fuckers so frightened to lose that they disconnect on you just as you're about to win? You don't even get a win if they disconnect now it's just a waste of time. It gets worse too when people try cheap tactics.

For example there is Trace. He can turn invisible if you stand still and due to a rather strange rule, the host will always gain a point if they draw. So many pick trace, find a hiding spot and stay still for the seven minutes. If it works they get a point as their opponent can't find them. Like I said cheap, though in this case easily countered. I like hunting down Trace's now as your radar still reveals their location. I use spire and get them with his alt form attack, sometimes after climbing a wall.

I do like Metroid Prime hunters but it can be frustrating when you don't get any good games, which is a lot of the time. All I want is to play people like me who are still learning and are willing to accept losing to a superior player. The same thing happens with Mario Kart, if you don't meet a snaker you meet someone who disconnects when they can't win. It's really sad.

Life is strange in general now. I'm currently caught up in two minds in what I want to do. In either case I need to be properly trained. I could go for the AAT in accounting and follow the plan I've had since secondary school. Though I'm not sure if I like accounting.

Or I could follow what my dad wants me to do, go into Quantity surveying. All I know for this is that it involves maths, particularly logarithms, and I'm quite good at maths. Maybe not genius level but not far off. It also has the added bonus of being sponsered by the same company my dad works for, and he does similar training with them a lot so he knows what happens.

Or the choice I'm leaning to most, becoming a maths teacher. Teaching has always kinda appealed to me. Back in secondary school it was the back up for most and the main choice for a couple of my friends. I know of one person who's planning to go through with it soon, and another who's teaching now. So I shouldn't have that much problem getting support and advice.

Either way I have to train for something specific. I can't keep applying to general admin jobs hoping something will happen. It hasn't worked so far. The two years all I've had is a couple of data entry clerk jobs. Not what a career makes.

Any advice or any comments in general are most welcome. I also updated Level 3 and started the next chapter of negative reflection. I'm sure I'll do more sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home