Thursday, March 30, 2006

DVD

DVD is a fantastic format. An entire movie on one disk in superb quality and usually loaded with extra features.

Though there are a couple of annoyances with the format.

Mainly how it's distributed.

My first little annoyance is when a DVD comes on two disks, why do they always but the second disk in front of the first? Everyone is going to go straight to the first disk therefore it should be in front.

My second big annoyance is Volumes. A bigger problem with Anime Volumes defeat the point of DVD collection. I really hate it when a series is released 3 episodes at a time on separate DVD's, each at full price. Take Sonic X, as a Sonic fan I want to get the full seasons for my collection.

Why then do they release in volumes instead of a big collection? It's stupid. I don't want to pay for each individual volume I want the full bloody thing.

Anime is particularly bad at this. I really want to try some anime but where to start. There are so many volumes of so many animes it's all very confusing. Further annoyances come with sales. Play.com has an easter sale with some good deals. I've heard good things about Azumanga Diogh (sp?) but the ones in the sale are vols 4, 5 and 6. What happened to Volumes 1, 2 and 3? I don't want to end up halfway through an anime series not knowing what's going on.

I don't know I just felt like ranting. May continue on with the 3 Shadows episode I started earlier later on tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home