Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Not another computer rant

Yeah sorry, Been trying my hardest to get my piece of shit router to actually do what I need it to do.

You buy the hardware, connect it all up. If this was a console you'd be done by now.

But no. You install the software, you use the automatic settings, may adjust with stuff like usernames and passwords and then...

NOTHING.

That's right. So you access the Advanced settings. You get a list of terms that completely alienate you. You look at the manual, it's no help. It assumes you know what you're doing too.

You go to Tiscali for help. They repeat what's in the help section even though any dumbass has already gone there for advice. You send them an attachment with all the menus but do they say what goes where? NO.

You go to the manufacturers website. The systems obsolete. FAQ's are ancient but still no help at all.

3 weeks after going through a return hell you've got a £35 paperweight all because somewhere the settings are wrong or something and I just can't get the help I need.

All I want is something that will connect to Tiscali with very little setting up, that I can connect to my Xbox. Why the fuck does it have to be this fucking complicated.

I might as well spend more on a wireless router instead and maybe sell my piece of crap on. Though I've been on Ebay and I see a LOT of my modem/router. FUCK!

Just for the record the modem/router is a "Safecom 5 port combo ADSL Modem Router". It's sitting under my SAGEM modem, which was so fucking easy to install why can't they all be like that.

On the subject of help, why do they treat you like a retard everytime. I'm having problems with Play.com. I've ordered through them loads of times in the past though for some reason when I use Firefox it just won't let me order. I can do it in IE but not firefox for some reason.

Before I knew of the IE thing though I contacted them about the issue. Their response was that they couldn't find the order codes (well duh I couldn't make the fucking order) and that I should confirm them in the checkout (again duh! I've done it before). I asked them again nicely mentioning how it's the final confirmation in the checkout which is giving me the problem, no answer.

You know all these little technical problems and shit are what makes computers so shit compared to consoles. Things go wrong and you need help. Either you make a call to india or deal with being treated like a retard over E-mail. It's just stupid and retarded, needlessly complicated and very very annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home