Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pokemon rant

I love pokemon. Strange way to start a rant but give it time. Anyway as I was saying I love pokemon. I love it's depth. I love creating a team and I love filling out my collection. I love facing trainers and gym leaders, all to lay the smacketh on the elite four and the champ. Those that think it's only for kids haven't played it enough to truely get into it. Your team becomes an extension of yourself. It's brilliant.

Though it is also annoying. Very annoying. You may remember back in october I was saying how I needed to finish Leafgreen and do another quest before I could trade between versions and get my old party back.

It gets worse.

There is only one tool that allows you to transfer by box, Pokemon Box. Some may say that this is pointless, but I'm glad I used my stars to buy it. When you want to move your entire collection between versions you'll praise the fact you don't have to do it six at a time. Also you can't trade into an empty space, it's only pokemon for pokemon. Do you know how many Pidgeys and Rattatas I've collected just so I had something to trade with when I moved my collection? Too many.

But even that's annoying in that you need to get 100 pokemon in each version before you can transfer pokemon from box to your GBA cart. I restarted Sapphire to get the other fossil and another starter. I rushed through the story again while my collection stayed on LeafGreen. Didn't bother filling out my pokedex and only got 34 entries.

Now I have to capture 60 odd pokemon just to transfer my entire collection which has those pokemon already. Worse if I want to bring a high level party across I have to transfer from Box to LG, from LG to Colloseum, to Collosuem to Saph. It's just pointlessly annoying.

On top of that you have those events which give you special items to get special pokemon. Do they ever come near me? No. It's a 3 hour car journey just to attend an event designed for youngsters.

Only way to get Mew is to buy Emerald. Just for that ONE pokemon. Actually I can see three worth collecting on it (Mew, Groundon and Latios). Still a lot of momey for a game I already own just to finish a collection. I mean do you honestly think an Emerald owner is going to just give me their mew? or a Ruby owner willing to let go of their Groundon and Latios. Stupid.

And then there's Pokemon XD. Has only ONE exclusive pokemon, Lugia. Would've been nice to have Celebi, Jirachi and Dexoys available for capture.

And the worse thing, I'm betting that when Diamond and Pearl come out we'll have to do it all over again. Is it so hard to give an option to bring over your GBA collection? I mean you have the GBA slot, you have the interaction between DS slot and GBA slot. Come on give us the option, PLEASE.

I love Pokemon but sometimes it feels like they go out of their way to make it so annoying you rip out your hair, and tempt you to spend more money on the same game with a little bit more.

Right now I feel I need Emerald...DAMN YOU NINTENDO, ARGH!

----------------------------------

Update:

Started adding the links to that menu and fixed the blinking.

Uploaded Chapter 8 of Shadow. 1, maybe 2 to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....
[QUOTE]
Only way to get Mew is to buy Emerald. Just for that ONE pokemon. Actually I can see three worth collecting on it (Mew, Groundon and Latios). Still a lot of momey for a game I already own just to finish a collection. I mean do you honestly think an Emerald owner is going to just give me their mew? or a Ruby owner willing to let go of their Groundon and Latios. Stupid.[/QUOTE]
No.. you're getting it not only for that, but the bloody good Battle Frontier..

[QUOTE]
And the worse thing, I'm betting that when Diamond and Pearl come out we'll have to do it all over again. Is it so hard to give an option to bring over your GBA collection? I mean you have the GBA slot, you have the interaction between DS slot and GBA slot. Come on give us the option, PLEASE.[/QUOTE]
They ARE giving you that option.... It is said that you'll be able to trade with R/S/E FR/LG.. so yeah.. I am pretty certen that IS NOT just a rumor

Mon Jan 23, 02:46:00 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home