Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's 2006 / Review of 2005

Well it is here, has been for 1 hour 40 minutes ish.

Kinda lame this year. Folks are in bed, mum's going to work, dad has to take her. Leaving just me and my brother. This could be the first new year I go to bed at my usual time. How lame.

Tomorrow (or when I have time) I'll post my top games of 2005.

--------------------------

Well it has been quite average year this year.

January started kinda bad with being slapped with import tax and my PS2 braking down. All that month was really was playing my Xmas games. And to be honest it looks the same this year. But with God of War, GTA:SA, Burnout Revenge and Pokemon XD to try, PoP3 to finish and Fahrenheit to explore it doesn't seem all that bad. God I love January sales, I also have 8 DVD's coming my way.

Oh and I see I was writing my favourite of my fics, Chaos Demons back then. Cool.

Feburary, ah the month of my birthday. Got a great present. Arsenal 2 - Man Utd 4. They play on tuesday as well, same fixture. Can't wait. Got FanArt and even Fanfiction of my Fanfiction. I started drawing myself. I finished Chaos Demons. My Sonic fandom really picked up this month. Cool. But current events were lame and our main computer fucked up

March, The month of the TGN ninja craze and a shit load of quality stuff coming out. This month we got the new Stereophonics album, Timesplitters 3 and above all Resi 4! Though what happened to the GBA2. Around this time I was praising it but it just seems to have gone. Shadow was announced, fears were justified.

April, big month for current events. Mainly the pope dying and the whole voting thing. I also did the Gateway to Work course and learned how the Government really tries to help people find work. It's a system that's easily taken advantage of but it works for me. Man Utd crashed. Over the last three months I had critised channel 4's "lists" too.

May, The disaster month with E3 being the shining light in the darkness. My aunt died and Man Utd got taken over by an American Tycoon who sounds so dodgy. Not only has he used a lot of debt to get us there, what he did to that American Football team and the fact that he knows nothing about our football, it just seems like we're doomed to fail. Gladly we aint doing that bad. Oh and Labour stayed in charge of the country, a small ray of light to accomply E3.

ARGH! Just remembered that the scousers fluked the Champions League too.

June, Ah the month of Sonic's Birthday. My thoughts were focused on that. Though I was rather annoyed how the scousers felt cheated that UEFA/FIFA bent over backwards to let you in the competition. There is also the small matter of me joining DeviantART and I think I discovered Photoshop too.

July, This month was about getting rid of poverty, Well at least raising awareness of it. That's what Live 8 was all about. Instead it'll be remembered as the month of the London Bombings. A true month where Good and Evil collided (sp? I am getting tired). We got the Olympics for 2012 this month, and I started a voluntary work position to raise my overall experience. An eventful month.

August, Two things come to note as I overlook my blog. How much Tenerife could improve, and the start of Jack Thompson's insane Ramblings. Not much happened really. Was this the month of Hurricane Katrina? Meh! I commented on it the following month.

September, My mind was on finishing my placement. Though Football took centre stage as people claimed it was getting boring, and Roy Keane said he was going to leave Man Utd. We also got TGS which restored some faith in future gaming. Oh and we found out that 4kids have taken over the voice acting for the Sonic games. That's the reason Rouge sounds like a whore in Shadow the Hedgehog, rather than the sneaky manipulative bitch she really is.

Oh and I joined Sonic Hot dimensions this month, after familiarising myself with Becky's amazing SA tutorial I felt I had to do something more than lurk.

October, The games of last month got plenty of play, especially Advance wars DS. Probably best game of 2005 for me. TV started to pick up with Hex and The 4400. And this was certainly the month of Jack Thompson too. Overall pretty uneventful though.

November, two Sonic games in a single month, I must be in heaven. Plus Mario Kart DS came out and it's gotten the ocassional online play ever since. CUBE died, Man Utd beat Chelsea. We also got the redesign of TGN 2, which is ace. The Death of George Best dampened the spirits around britain, but the amount of support he got took that away. An Amazing month overall.

December, This month has literally flown by which is good because despite christmas the only thing I can say about it was that Man Utd crashed out of Europe. Oh and there is this little thing of Microsoft rushed launch of the Xbox360. A quick end to what has been quite a quick year.

2006, My hopes are that I start Extra Life, seriously. I get into the habit of doing sit-ups again. I find that someone special and overall I start earning money. No doubt though I'll still be doing nothing but writing Sonic fics and Drawing Sonic fanart.

This is Joseph Rafferty aka Master hunter wishing you all a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home