Sunday, October 02, 2005

Damn you SEGA!

Just got Sonic Gems Collection. Now Sonic CD was my first ever CD. Not only was it a game but a music CD and yes I would listen to it, a lot actually, and I still do.

I am British don't forget.

Now for some reason SOE feels it's OK to just port over the American version and translate that in different languages. You see the American Soundtrack for Sonic CD sucks, the European one rocks. SGC comes with the American one as standard.

Thanks SOE for ruining the experience.

Ok so I knew it was going to happen even though I wished it wouldn't. My Mega CD broke a few years ago and I've been dying to play Sonic CD all over again the way I remember it. The Soundtrack is one of the key elements in that. Why oh why didn't they change the fucking soundtrack.

The music is passionless and forgettable. Take Tidal Tempest, lovely and funky over here, just lame in the states. Stardust speedway, the Metal Sonic race, the best moment, does the music distill you with a sense of danger and panic, not in the states. No You can do anything and Believe in yourself, just Sonic Boom.

It's just wrong.

--------------------------

Update:

Chap 4 of Deep Pressure is up

New badge for artwork







New games (yet to be put on collection):

Puyo Pop Fever for Xbox
Conker Live and Reloaded
Sonic Gems Collection
Advance wars Dual strike