Sunday, January 02, 2005

Generic New Year Post

Thank good 2004 is over. Here's a list of the highlights and low points of 2004.

Highlights:

- Finally getting Samba De Amigo
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes didn't disappoint. It's superb.
- The Nintendo DS. Mario 64 DS is amazing.
- A Good Sonic game hurrah (Sonic Advance 3)
- Graduating from Uni
- Getting a PS2 with Prince of Persia: Sands of time.
- Auf Weidersehen Pet's finale
- Man Utd 2 Arsenal 0
- Lord of the rings: Return of the King on DVD
- My CAD shirt
- Hex and The 4400 restored my faith in TV for a while
- Family guy is coming back!

- 21 drinks for 21 years. On my 21st Birthday I drank 21 budweisers. One for every year of my life (ala Time Gentlemen Please). 5 minutes to midnight, one drink left. Finished it then puked. It was worth it

- Spiderman 2 & i, Robot. Fantastic movies
- An Excellent Christmas

- My 21st Birthday Party. I had to go back to newcastle uni the following monday, so I was travelling back on Sunday. On Saturday Night, me and my brother went home to sleep so I could get up early and pack some more stuff. When we got to the door my brother lost the key in the taxi. We went back to the hotel everyone was staying at and decided to go after the key the next morning (we knew it had to be in the taxi).

The next day we got up early, had a breakfest and tracked down the taxi driver. The only Key into the house we had was that one we lost. Now here's the funny part, the taxi driver found the key but POSTED it THROUGH THE LETTERBOX. We had to break into our own house.

- E3 2004 + Zelda + Resident evil 4.
- Sega Superstars
- Donkey Konga
- Zelda: Minish Cap
- Headhunter Redemption

Low points:

- Graduating with an Ordinary 3rd not an Honours 3rd. It was really hard and I felt out of my league. An Honours 3rd would mean I passed all my modules (just barely) but since I failed a few at the end I was given an Ordinary degree. It pissed me off as I had made an Honours 3rd my target.

- Job hunting. Too few prospects here and I can't afford to look elsewhere.

- The lack of dentists here. I'm still registered in Newcastle which means a 2 hour drive just to be seen

- Sonic Heroes. It wasn't THAT bad, it was actually quite good. Just every new Sonic should be a dream to play. This wasn't

- Ico disappointing. I got the impression it was world class, top 10 material. It isn't. It's very good, a must have, just not THAT good.

- Halo 2 disappointing. I have no Live!, my friends are still at uni, the 1 player leaves much to be desired. Not the Groundbreaking game people made it out to be.

- 8 months with very few quality games, 4 months of non-stop quality.

- Too many things ending. Friends, Fraiser, Auf Wiedersehen pet. Yet what do we get to replace them, Little Britain (which is shit). No more Lord of the rings to look forward to either.

- No Money, Friends scattred across country, No prospects. It's not looking good.

- Bad timing for my 21st party meant none of my mates could come (besides one). It was nearly all family.

- Finding a job only to lose it a week later

- Poor music. I bought three CD's of note this year. Sonic Heroes vocal soundtrack, Sonic Heroes complete trinity OST, Headhunter and Headhunter redemption soundtrack. You get my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home