Thursday, October 28, 2004

What am I doing then?

I am doing nothing. I look at November and I think "damn I need a job". The list of games I want is getting too big and I have no money at all. Problem is though, beside the lack of good jobs is that I don't know what I want to do anymore. I was aiming to be an accountant. Good with numbers, good pay, sounded perfect. Until I actually tried it and found some of it's more opinion that fact. Do you use a historical cost basis, straight line depreciation method or percentage, blah blah blah! Perhaps Newcastle uni made it seem more complicated than it actually is.

I would like to do something in gaming but what? I'm crap at English so journalism is no good. I can't draw as well as some people I know so art is out of the question and I find programing too confusing and frustrating. Perhaps I'll stick with playing for now.

Sega Superstars is brilliant fun. Eyetoy has always somewhat interested me and SS was the perfect game to start it for me. There is just one problem with it. For some reason they decided to go with a blue-bottomed CD-ROM disk. Why? Don't they know older model PS2's have difficulty running them. I spent 40-50 minutes today just to get the damn thing to load.

With the list a mile long it's surprising I spent what little debt I could spare (I'm right at my limits) on a game that's more for the occasional party that a hardcore play. Paper Mario 2, Tales of Symphonia, Halo 2, Prince of Persia 2, Zelda:Minish cap, Metroid prime 2, all come out NEXT MONTH. Yet I get Sega superstars. Why? Because I feel this has the most potential of the lot to go rare, i.e. be hard to find and cost twice as much in about half a year like Ico.

It's funny, after I finished Uni I said I wanted a year out. A break from working hard. I didn't think that I'd actually want to work more than play and sleep which is all I seem to do these days.

---------------------------------

Fanfic progress: I'm halfway through chapter 12 of Apocolypse's Revival. Seeing as this is my first post let me describe some of it. AR is a Sonic Heroes based story, written as the plot for a possible sequel. It has some familar faces and some new ones as well as links with my series "The 3 Shadows". I'll probably finish it and post it on ff.net tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home