Thursday, March 07, 2013

Game BAFTA's 2012

My opinion on the winners of the Game BAFTA’s for 2012.

*Best Game: Dishonored

Happy with this. Dishonored is very good, not my pick though (mine’s Mass Effect 3 and I place 7 others ahead of it, 8 if you include the XBLA release of Sonic Adventure 2)

*Online Multiplayer: Journey

I don’t agree with this one. I know the game is supposed to be all about random co-op play meaning something but I’ve had more meaningful co-op experiences elsewhere. You didn’t need limited controls and communication for that. My choice would be Halo 4, very good co-op and competitive play, and you get a lot for a single game.

*Game Design: Journey

Hell no, is lack of anything a design now. There is literally nothing in this game. My choice is Sega Racing, 3 well designed playstyles, 20 well designed tracks

*Artistic Achievement: Journey

Fair enough, Journey is art far more than a game

*Original Music: Journey

Happy with this. Although I much rather prefer a more pop/rock orientated soundtrack such as Sega Racing or Lollipop chainsaw

*Audio Achievement: Journey

Happy with this, although I would’ve picked Mass Effect 3

*Mobile & Handheld: The Walking Dead

Bit of a cheat, the Walking dead is available on everything. Exceptional game though so I’m happy with this, although Virtue’s Last Reward should’ve taken this one.

*Story: The Walking Dead

Like the Handheld category this is a good choice but I would’ve gone with Virtue’s Last Reward

*Game Innovation: The Unfinished Swan

Not played but sounds a bit like Epic Mickey, meaning not so innovative. Honestly I don’t know what could win this award. Maybe Sega Racing for successfully combining three distinctive racing styles, implementation of World tour, four player co-op in racing and much balanced weapons. Hopefully Sega Racing will influence future Kart titles. Or ZombiU, which could possibly influence future WiiU games, and even PS4 and the next Xbox game if Tablet Integration becomes a big thing.

*Debut Game: The Unfinished Swan

Not played can’t judge. Fez would probably be my choice out of what I’ve played but I’m not sure if that’s a debut.

*Action: Far Cry 3

Not played so can’t judge but it’s got plenty of good marks all round. My vote would be for Mass Effect 3

*British Game: The Room

Nope, Sega Racing 2. Go Sumo Digital

*Performer: Danny Wallace - Thomas Was Alone

Not played. My vote goes to whoever played Clementine or Kenny in The Walking Dead.

*Family: Lego Batman 2

Not played. My vote would go to Sega Racing 2.

*Strategy: Xcom - Enemy Unknown

Not played but I hear good things about this. Can’t think of anything that I’ve played that would fall in this category. Maybe Catherine.

*Ones to Watch: Kind of a Big Deal – Starcrossed

Don’t know these guys but I’m showing an interest towards Futurlabs, if only because a friend works for them now.

*Online Browser: SongPop

Really don’t care about this award.

*Sports/Fitness: New Star Soccer

Not played any sports games unless you count Sega Racing

*Fellowship: Gabe Newell

Go Gaben, now about Half-life 3… (or “any valve game” 3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home