Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sometimes I don't get my mother / CUBE magazine

So the family is strapped for cash, Besides my brother who has a couple of grand from an inherentance (Sp?) that he wishes to keep for later, And xmas is coming.

Now I've asked for a PSP and 4 games. Mum said no problem.

They got out a catalogue and asked me to pick a bundle, did so after checking online to find a better one (still with the catalogue).

Here's the thing, THEY SAY that they won't have it in for Xmas 2005, it'll be Jan 2006 at the earliest. Damn you Sony and your shortages.

Today I suggested she quickly get a Giga pack PSP that came out TODAY. Fresh new stock available in stores.

She wants to use the catalogue cause she can pay later. I suggested taking the money out of my brothers account and pay that back like the catalogue.

Now for some reason she still wants to use the overpriced Catalogue that cannot guarantee Xmas delivery, over using my bro's money and getting it before there are more shortages at a better price. She'd rather use credit from a faceless company that her own son. She'd rather pay the same price as the GIGA pack for LESS features.

This I don't get and then she gets angry at me for saying I don't get it.

And what does she say to me, "Don't worry, we haven't let you down before. Sometimes these catalogues just say that"

ARGH! She's hoping that the catalogue is over-reacting and that they can send it in time for Xmas, instead of getting it now to Guarantee it.

I'm a gamer, I know the PSP is having shortage problems here, and i'm 99% sure ordering it from a catalogue that says it won't deliver it in time means I will have to wait until January for half my christmas.

Am I crazy or does this sound like a very bad idea, and she's angry at me!

----------------------------

More bad news for me personally, and a shit load of magazine workers and readers of the magazine. CUBE magazine, the best console specific magazine on the market bar none just released it's final issue.

In a takeover by future the CUBE team were told to abandon the magazine without even a hint of a goodbye issue.

Most console specific mags sucks

You have sony mags for Chavs who like to cheat
Xbox mags aimed at the FHM audience (Xbox world I'm looking at you), or focus on showing massive screenshots to preview games (screens don't tell us anything beside the graphics)

Nintendo have always had the humour. NOM tries but fails and it too fanboyish, NGC hates Sonic pure and simple. CUBE was always inpartial, had a decent amount of humour and a great sense of community. Forum frenzy was always highlighted the very active and fun forum, which I'm a member of (Join now at www.mysega.co.uk).

Goodbye CUBE, you'll be sorely missed.

----------------------------

Update: I've been working on an overview for my Sonic world. It's finished and will be up once I make full versions of Deep Pressure and Two Tribes (and anything else which isn't full fic).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home