Thursday, November 10, 2005

I really hate computers

Why the fuck can't they just work like you want them to?

Last night I spent nearly an hour trying to get ONE movie file to load. It kept jerking around like mad no matter what I did. I even moved it to another computer with more memory and processor power and still it didn't work.

It was a cool adaptation of the new Shadow the Hedgehog FMV, which also jerks around like mad and just doesn't play. 4 times out of 5 it made firefox crash as well. This means the computer thinks Firefox is still open when it's not so it asks you to open a new profile. It never asks this unless you crash.

Stupidly, since I didn't want to restart my computer I started a new profile. Big mistake as I couldn't get back to my old one without much hassle. Not only is the not a simple option (Guys what's wrong with Tools > Options > Profile selector?), it's not even in the fucking help section. You have to go to their site and use the run function. WTF? Why?

Now I'm waiting for an E-mail to appear in my Gmail inbox. I've at least refreshed 50 times in around half an hour waiting for an immediately sent E-mail to appear. WTF is going on? E-mail is instant. I order from play.com the E-mail is there more or less instantly.

Today I bought FABLE: THE LOST CHAPTERS. Put it in my Xbox and guess what it loaded. Just like 99% of my console purchases. No worries about Requirements, Memory, Ram, Hard Disk space, just put the game in and your away. The other 1% is the occasional faulty copy that you occasionally get, i.e. nothing to do with hardware.

WHY CAN'T PC's BE LIKE THIS?!?

WHY WON'T THEY JUST WORK?!?

--------------------------

Art update:

If you haven't seen it yet there's a new ID, a picture of Sapphire and a scrap of Becky on my DA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home