Sunday, November 13, 2005

My thoughts on the games coming

We're coming up to Christmas and that means big games. Here's my thoughts on some of them

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

The one that's causing controversy between Sonic fans. It's true if you don't think you'll like it don't buy it, my impressions are leaning more to liking it. Yes it has some stupid things already, such as why does he need a gun when he can throw chaos attacks? why does he ride a motorcycle when he can run at the speed of sound?

Still I think it has some good ideas. The good/bad system sounds interesting and focusing on one character is a good move.

I reckon it'll be good but not brilliant, bad points will be a lack of control (general impression from GamesTM). This will be what the journalists will focus on, something small and rip the game apart because of it. I know this cause they've done it for every other Sonic.

SONIC RUSH

I have my worries. So much praise but when I look at it I wonder. So many leaps of faith. Looks like a highlight could be a disaster in disguise. Could be another Sonic Advance 2.

XBOX 360

Mixed opinion generally says to me it may be best to wait. High price, shortages, no thank you. It's funny though that Microsoft thinks a lead will get them to number 1. Didn't help the Dreamcast guys and I doubt many will buy an Xbox 360 over a PS3 at that price.

It's be a moderate sucess but will overall come second with a small but notable lead over Nintendo, just like this generation.

MARIO KART DS

Sounds amazing. A new Mario kart loaded with tracks and online. Must have.

Though it's not without it's faults. According to the Nintendo Wi-fi site you cannot choose who you play against. Say I want to play against The Virus, I plug in his code into my DS and he's listed under friends. I add more friends and decide to play online. I can only chose a Friends option, which means it will pick 7 random opponents from my friends list.

Got that, essentially you cannot pick which friend you play. Blows the chance of organising a tournament doesn't it, and two of my message boards already want to do that.

In summary, amazing game just with some small online issues.

---------------------------

Update:

Fics on hold for now. I have two ideas for new 3 Shadows fics

A picture "parody" of the Sonic Heroes logo for Rememberance day on my DA (parody sort of implies comedy but nothing could be farther from the truth).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home