Saturday, March 05, 2005

Why are PC's so fucking awkward?

So after about a week of waiting for the PC to be fixed, we improve it by giving it Windows XP.

Shame my scanner isn't compatible with Windows XP, and the only drivers/advice I could get doesn't work (which includes the companies website).

Why are PC's like this? Why can't there be a simple plug and play systems like with consoles. Why do you need installation disks and drivers? If consoles had a good interent browser, one to rival Firefox, and allowed Word processing and Printing, I wouldn't need a PC at all.

Someone should invent a PC that allows everything to be connected the same way peripherals are connected to a console. It'll be revolutionary, and every other PC maker and peripheral maker would adopt this.

While I'm PC bashing, why are specs such a big deal? Does anyone really care that the Xbox can do twice as much ploygons as the PS2 (with raw data). Just look at the games for graphical comparison. If you use a PC for gaming you have to know your stats or take a gamble. I hate the fact I doubt I can play Half-life 2 on my PC (My PC is 5 years old).

Upgrading is also tricky and requires you to know your stuff. Get a console, get peripherals, get games, in five years get the next gen console, get it's perhiperals and games, rinse and repeat. Simple, it works, and doesn't require such a large starting price.

Games have to be installed, what the fuck's that all about? Do you have to install a console game? Of course not. Set up your console, put the disk in, play the game. PC gaming has an extra step for some reason.

Ok now I'm ramling. I'm just upset that I can't give you my Diamond technical sketch as planned. Sorry.

--------------------------

Fic update:

Haven't done anything of note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home