Monday, January 17, 2005

2004, What a year! Part 5

So you may be wondering just where the music, movies, TV highlights were. Well if you've been paying attention you'll find there weren't any. Well hardly any of note.

Movies did the better of the 3. Spiderman 2, Shrek 2 and I, Robot were all great. 21 grams was pretty crap though. Yet another movie that abandons all logic and entertainment so the actors could cry. We also got the final Lord of the Rings which was the end of an era for me. These movies pushed the boundaries of cinema even further, even more so for Return of the King. Truely brilliant.

TV comes in second. The new Sonic cartoon was disappointing but OK (a bit like Sonic Heroes), we saw the end of Dragonball and... Well that's just it I got more excited about kids shows than normal shows. The Auf wiedersehen pet and Friends farewells were the highlights there, with Malcolm in the Middle and The Simpsons still going strong. There was the new short pilot series of Hex and The 4400 on Sky one that showed a lot of promise. Oliver Beene shone a beacon of hope for those who like sitcoms and Hell's Kitchen was suprisingly good. On the other hand Little Britain is a sign that the BBC have lost it, abadoning anything that's actually funny for this crap. Worse thing of all is that it's popular for some reason. The British public are idiots!

Music in dead last. I bought 3 CD's this year. Sonic Heroes Triple threat vocal trax CD, Sonic Heroes complete trinity CD and Headhunter/Headhunter Redemption OST. Hello, good music, where are you? I've had to hear U2's classic "With or without you" butchered by a generic dance group, novelty swearing made it big (Eamon and Frankee), and Band Aid 20 showed us that nothing in sacred.

Thank the lord for Gaming, here's my top 5 that came out this year (that I've played):

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
The Legend of Zelda: The minish cap
Sonic Advance 3
Tales of Symphonia
Headhunter Redemption

and my 5 most disappointing titles:

Halo 2
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
Phantasy star online 3
Jet Set Radio (GBA)

----------------------------------------------

Fanfic Progress:

I will get back to Chaos demons though I'm in the awkward center of the fic when I really want to be at the already established end.

I also started a separate fic for Sonic's 14th birthday (June 23rd 2005). I will be posting it all in one go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home