Wednesday, April 27, 2005

So voting's cool again huh?

It's that time of year where multiple parties of idiots slug it out for your vote, all for the chance to fuck up the country even further. For those of you new to my blog this is the UK general election I'm talking about.

I'm sticking with my, "They're all idiots so why vote? Whoever wins is just going to screw up the country even more anyway" belief. Oddly similar views were shared amonst the people I knew last time, but what's making me mad is that now it's gone all backwards.

"You need to vote to make your opinion count", "You should vote, you don't want labour to win a third term do you?"

And there lies the problem. It seems to me most people are now wanting to vote for the sole purpose of getting Labour out. It's wrong to vote to get someone out. You should only vote to get someone in. Why? Because there are no guarantees that the new candidate will be better than the old one and ironically they may make the country even worse.

My personal opinions?

Labour - Proven that they can't run the country and will agree with America whatever they decide to do.

Tories - They spend most of their time highlighting what Labour have done wrong than actually telling us what they will do differently. And when they do it's so unrealistic it's funny.

Lib dems - Please read every single one of their policies before you vote for them. While they plan to scrap university tuition fees (good), they plan to go softer on criminal punishment (bad). Prison is such a joke these days it hardly seems like a punishment at all, and they want to go easier on the sentancing? Abandon Life sentances?

The others - Sorry to say this but it will still be out of the main three.

Perhaps there are things I'm missing, but quite frankly I don't care. They are hardly reaching out to me. If I had to vote I'd probably go with Lib dems but then I don't have to.

What's making me even more mad is that celebs are backing a Sun campaign to "Rock the vote". If you don't vote you can't make you opinion count. How can I get across that these parties have to try harder to get my attention.

Sorry but until a candidate appears that I agree with I'll vote. Until then I'll watch my country fall to part, because that's what's going to happen no matter who you vote for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home