Sunday, April 03, 2005

The pope is dead/Organised religion

It's always sad when someone dies. Ok so he was the head of a major religion, one that not everyone agrees on. But he was still a person, and he didn't do anything most would consider "evil".

Yet there are those that are GLAD he's gone. Are they fucking nuts? Typically this will probably lead to many a religious arguement in many a message board. I see it happening in TGN already. Religious arguements always end up in flames.

I find myself being more and more put off by organised Religion. I feel it's important to have faith, but not necessarily follow the rules stated in a book. These books are not written by their gods, more they are written by men. The same men that have been known to be Racist, Sexist, and Homophobic.

We get this special booklet called Watchtower so that we don't get Jehovah's witnesses. I was horrified when the more or less said Homosexuality is Evil. Although I am not Gay, I cannot follow a religion that believes this. It's just wrong, you might as well say being White/Black is evil.

Then there's muslims. I'm not going to mention 9/11 as one extremist muslim should not be a respresntative of the muslim faith. No this is about how they are taking over Britain, very slowly, but they are taking over. Celebrating Christmas* and strangely St. Georges day is said to be offensive. We're not meant to make a public display in case we offend them.

What the fuck? Do we get at them for walking in religious robes openly? No because we accept that they should be allowed to follow their belief's in peace. So why can't pure brits celebrate St. Georges day or Christmas* openly?

(*Note although Christmas is meant to be about Jesus' Birth, I think we can all agree it's so much more that just a christian holiday now. It's the one time of year we all have off to spend with the people who mean the most to us. I would never abandon that)

I'm not saying being Christian, Jewish, a Buddist or Muslim is wrong. Though to force it down our throats is. No wonder more and more people are abandoning religion and are choosing to belief what they think is important to them.

I believe people should be free to do what they want, providing it doesn't hurt someone else (Physically, financially or otherwise). I guess you could say it's rather ironic to say that after slandering two major religions, but all I'm saying is the truth.

So what does this have to do with the Pope? He was an old man, who just died, It's sad but it happens all the time. The fact that he was the head of a major religion should not change things. It is never a good thing when someone dies, unless they have done something which is obviously wrong. But again that doesn't include a conflict in religious beliefs. ARGH! My head hurts, do you get what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home